OOTD: Date Night

05:49

Hello everyone,

So I was walking back through Sydney after a lovely meal (hint from the post title) and I got stopped by a very fashionable man who actually works in the fashion industry and he told me my outfit looked so put together and 'fab'. I wasn't going to share this outfit, because I had literally ran to Topshop the day before and had kind of thrown it together without giving it a second thought. But, it felt so nice to receive a random complement in the street, so here we are, my date night outfit!

At first I wasn't too sure what to wear because it wasn't late evening, it was just as people were finishing work. But my dude was coming straight from work and he always wears a groovy suit, so I thought I would throw on a dress. I also seem to be building up quite a collection of dresses, I just find them so easy to make the transition from day to night with.


Dress - Topshop
Boots - SPURR
Necklace - Zara

For a Topshop addict like me, it was so upsetting to find out there is only one Topshop in Sydney, aaand it is more expensive than in the UK booo. But I'll get over it, because Sydney is my dream city and I never want to leave! It says it's a tunic and I never know whether you are supposed to wear this over leggings or with shorts but whatever, I'm short, it's long enough for a dress so I just went with it.
I also actually added a thin waist belt, because I wanted some shape in the outfit.

These boots are my new favourites, I got them off an Australian website so I'm not sure if it's an Australian brand but they are so comfy and are pretty but edgy.

Also, you already know how much I love my necklaces, and Zara are on top form yet again this season. To finish off the outfit, I added a black leather jacket and an over the shoulder brown bag.

Hope you liked this outfit, let me know your opinions in the comments below xo

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ah I love wearing anything like oversized tops and making them dresses, it's literally perfect. Thank you for the follow, I love your blog btw :)
    http://sapphiresaysfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same! No worries, aww thank you! Xo

      Delete
  2. What a nice surprise to get compliments from strangers! I agree with that man, it's definitely a well put together outfit. :)

    Olivia x Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it put a smile on my face, aww thank you! Xo

      Delete
  3. Love Zara's necklaces - This one is beaut! I nominated you for a Liebster Bloggers Award - Check out my post here for all the details :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, I need to stop buying them! Aww thank you! I'll make sure I check out your post! Xo

      Delete
  4. Love pairing a really simple dressed down outfit with an awesome necklace and some boots! Perfect outfit. xx

    Eärendil (Previously Beauty and a Blogger)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I'm constantly following this trend now the weather is getting hot! xo

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images