Honestly...

06:19

Hello lovelies,

A bit of a different post from me today, still linked to fashion but more about peoples opinions about what you wear. I speak for myself, but when I get dressed everyday I dress how I want to dress and what makes me feel comfortable. I rarely think about how other people are going to perceive that.

Last week I turned up to a tutorial at uni in an outfit that is no different from what I would usually wear. I was wearing black skinny jeans, a black partially shear top, a trench coat and some chunky ankle boots. I admit I don't dress how some other people dress for uni (i.e. a jumper, jeans and flats) but as I said before, I dress how I want and I don't think there's a problem with that.

The night after I received some really gross messages from two guys in my class (bear in mind I have to see these people in a small group at least two times a week). If the gross messages we not enough, they then started judging my fashion choices and jumping to conclusions about my lifestyle and I just found the whole ordeal uncalled for and actually really hurtful.

I admit, the night I received the messages it really made me think about what I wear and how people perceive me and I actually felt nervous to see them again because I've never done anything to them and I wasn't sure if they were going to start saying things to me when I saw them. I called my mum because she talks a lot of sense and made me see that I did nothing wrong and they are in the wrong and encouraged me to report them for what they have done.

The thing that bothered me was that they have no idea about my life. As you can read from my other posts, I currently have a brain tumour and I take medication and as you can imagine it is not the nicest thing to take and makes me feel quite ill. One way I have learnt to deal with this feeling is to dress nicely, do my hair and make up so at least other people don't see how I am truly feeling.

Looking back on the whole situation a few days later, I'm so glad I reported them, hopefully so they learn it is not ok to say that kind of stuff to girls and don't go doing it to someone else.

So who cares what I wear, if I like it, I'm going to go with it!



Let me know if you have suffered with these kind of comments in the the comments below xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images