My Haircare Routine: Favourite Products

12:05

Hello lovelies,
I have always been into haircare as I was growing up, all down to my mum (thank you!!) and I have always had long hair, so spending a lot of time conditioning my hair and making sure I use nice products doesn't ever seem like a massive effort, just because I'm used to it. Around a year and a half ago I started struggling with health issues as has been mentioned in my previous posts and along with this came hair loss. This was a very sensitive time for me as I have always taken care of my hair and it was completely out of my control, I had to just let it happen and try find ways to help my hair overcome this and try treat it the best that I could. When I was going through this, I discovered some new products that have really helped my hair so I thought I would share my haircare routine at the moment. In the future I can always do an updated post specific to hair loss and the main products that helped me if that is something you would be interested in reading, let me know!


Kérastase Specifique Bain stimuliste GL Shampoo

This is a shampoo that I use all the time, I find it very nourishing and it smells AMAZING (I wish I could send smells right now). This is part of the kerastase hair loss help kit, but it can be used by anyone if you feel your hair needs a boost as it is specially designed for thin hair. I find it is not too heavy but still leaves you with silky hair, it can be found here

Kérastase oleo-complexe intensive conditioner

Next is my current favourite conditioner. This is an intensive conditioner and it can be used as a mask, but at the moment I am using it as my daily conditioner as well, just because I get balayage on the ends of my hair and I feel it needs a bit of help! This is another good smelling product and leaves your hair so silky, it can be found here

Moroccan Oil

This is a product that needs no introduction and it is known by most people! I love the smell of this product and how silky it leaves my hair, can be found here. It is quite expensive, but it lasts ages!


Kérastase Resistance Ciment Thermique Leave in Conditioner

 Finally, I use this leave in conditioner which is for anti-breakage. It gives my hair a really smooth finish after I have blow dried it and minimises the look of any split ends, it can be found here.

I thought I would include a few pictures which show my hair journey! The first picture is just after I had gone through my hairloss, you can see it where my hair is parted that the parting is a lot wider than usual. I avoided having pictures taken during this period so this is one of the only pictures i have, you can't see the ends very well but it was so thin and just seemed to hang.


These next pictures are my hair at the moment. I have had a lot of growth from the roots (the bits that are always in my face in pictures, sorry!) This hair has now grown to my chin, still a long way to go to catch up with the rest but it's not coming out anymore so we are on the brighter side!



Hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what your favourite products are at the moment and if you would like a post specific to how to deal with hair loss xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, your hair seriously is amazing! I remember the last time I had hair loss (post-pregnancy) and how much it affected me, and I am not keen on going through it again this time, even though I know it is only temporary and will grow back with time.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm not looking forward to it when I come round to having a baby but if i managed to get over it the first time it should be a bit easier! xo

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images